- Making a booking – Bookings from persons less than 25 years of age are not accepted. When booking, unless agreed otherwise, a deposit of 25% of the accommodation cost must be sent to guarantee the booking. Accommodation rates include water, gas and electricity (summer lets only), all bedding and towels for use within the gite (please provide your own towels for pool/beach use etc or these are available for hire – see 6 below.). A Contract shall only come into existence once your balance payment has been received.
- Paying the balance – The balance shown on your booking acknowledgement is due 8 weeks prior to the starting date of your holiday. Your booking confirmation will be issued on receipt of the full booking payment. For bookings made within 8 weeks of your start date, the full accommodation cost is payable on booking.
- If you cancel – Cancellations must be notified immediately by telephone and confirmed in writing directly to us by post or email. Cancellation charges are as follows:
– More than 8 weeks before holiday start date – Deposit
– Less than 8 weeks before holiday start date – Full accommodation costs
Having said this, we will try to re-let the property and make you a refund of any amount paid, less reasonable administration costs.
- Arrival/Departure – The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. Arrival time should be around 4.00pm and preferably no later than 8.00pm (please keep us regularly informed of estimated time of arrival if outside of this timescale). The proprietors shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated (except by prior arrangement). However, you will be welcome to use our facilities (within reason) should your travel arrangements not coincide with the above timings. The proprietors cannot under any circumstances be held responsible for any situation arising from arrival outside the stated times (but please make us aware of any timing difficulties as soon as possible).
- Breakage/Cleaning/Security Deposit – A deposit of £100/100€ per gite (payable in cash only) will be required on arrival to cover damage, breakages, and final cleaning ( if deemed necessary) to be refunded, less any appropriate deductions, after a satisfactory inspection on vacation of the property immediately prior to departure. If for any reason whatsoever it is not possible to inspect the property prior to departure, a refund by cheque will be posted once such an inspection has proved satisfactory. The property must be left clean and tidy (i.e. as found on arrival) when departing and ready for immediate occupation. The proprietors reserve the right to levy a charge for final cleaning if such cleaning is deemed necessary. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can pay for a final cleaning at a rate of 35€ Corbiere; 40€ Minervois; 45€ Alaric and 50€ Fitou but this must be requested, and paid for, the night before your departure. Any breakages or damage to property will be charged at current replacement value.
- Equipment – The gite is fully equipped for the number of people stated, including all bed linen and towels for use within the gite. Please provide your own towels for use outside the gite (i.e. poolside/beach etc.). Alternatively, beach/pool towels are available to hire from us at the rate of 1.50€ per towel per week.
- Behaviour – Please respect the environment, other holiday makers and the guideline rules within the information book for all the facilities. The proprietors reserve the right to personally, or through their representative, evict any hirer or member of the hirer’s party whose behavior is deemed unreasonable or unacceptable.
- Named parties – The letting is on the understanding that only persons named in the booking form shall occupy the premises.
- Availability – Your booking is taken on the understanding that the accommodation will be placed at your disposal on the date stated. Should this not be possible through circumstances beyond the proprietor’s control, the proprietors will make every effort to provide alternative accommodation, or to give a prompt and full refund of all money paid, but there will be no claim against the proprietors nor shall the proprietors be liable to pay any sum in excess of monies actually paid.
- Complaints – In the unlikely event that there is a complaint concerning the accommodation, this should be reported to the proprietors within 24 hours of arrival.
- Liabilities – The proprietors shall not be liable for any injury, loss, expense or inconvenience caused by reason of any defects in the structure of the property, plumbing, electric wiring, gas or water pipes, or any other cause whatsoever in connection with the property, or due to the failure in the supply of water, gas, electric or other utilities, or the non-availability of facilities.
- Rural homes – The proprietors cannot be held responsible for the indigenous animals, birds and insects which may be present in or around the buildings.
- Holiday information material – all details and information provided were correct at the time of going to press and they are published or given in good faith. None of the facts stated are false or misleading to the best of the proprietors knowledge. The proprietors cannot be held liable for errors contained therein or the results thereof. All distances quoted are approximated and are given in good faith as a guide to facilities.
- Pets – Hirer’s pets cannot be accepted in the property.